Unknown M1 Carbine Pouch Maker

Burning Hazard

Burning Hazard

THOMPSON'S 1943

Is this maker legit? I've been looking all over the internet and can't find any information on this maker; I did find 2 more pouches made by this maker but on eBay listings.

I could not find the maker listed on the list either: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?666-M-1-Carbine-pouch-information

The pouch is definitely WW2, has "Star pull" lift the dot and Rau fastener co button on reverse.

Any info if the maker is original would be appreciated.

Pat

post-8715-0-31053800-1498703199.jpg

I have never seen this maker...it is a neat pouch. I would say that it is definitely a correct manufacturer. Maybe it was a sub contract from a listed maker. Congrats on a neat find.

Ronnie

Yes that is an 100% original USGI item by a legitimate known manufacturer. I have one buried away somewhere in my collection of over 600 carbine magazine pockets.

Yes that is an 100% original USGI item by a legitimate known manufacturer. I have one buried away somewhere in my collection of over 600 carbine magazine pockets.

600 carbine magazine pockets! Wow, that's enough to equip a WWII/Korea regiment's carbine armed men :D

I estimate 600 as I have an original wooden crate with 500 unissued NOS condition pockets. I carefully removed the top, nailed closed, went through them then resealed the crate. These are all the type one or "stock type" as collectors like to refer to them as. I have around 100 others, some displayed others in containers. I do not have one of each manufacturer but I'm pretty close. Have far more of the early pockets as opposed to the later ones which will only fit onto a belt. Have a good collection of the 30rd. magazine pockets as well.

I should post some photo's but I am set up with photobucket which has become a pain in the bleep.