Airborne paratrooper wing

Gerradtgrant

Hi, I picked these up recently and was hoping someone could help with age. They look similar to other known WWII airborne wings I have in my collection. But, as I have found out with most wings, nothing is certain in my world until I check with you experts. They are a little thicker then the other wings I have. No makers mark only STERLING. How much does the missing pin effect the value? Thank You in advance.

Gerrad Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I would say WW2 Era of course the pinback ones were used well into the 50s and i have even found them in groupings from the 60s! But they would be considered WW2 Era! Missing pin affects value a good bit, i would say you would most likely get in the $20 dollar range give or take a bit for them!

you may be able to replace the pin by taking one off a junk ribbon bar or one of similiar length.Some shooting badge pins may work or may be to short.If you have a two place or 3 place plain bar the pin can be to long but cut down and re-tipped.

The hinge clevis where the pin pivots can be spread apart and then the new pin placed in.

A jeweler can make a new pin but that may cost more than you want to put in it.He can also replace with a pin as stated.