Recognition or Spotter Plane Models?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I found these this weekend and when I first saw them I thought that they were recognition or spotter planes. I will admit that I have very limited knowledge of spotter planes but I went with my gut and purchased them, the price was also very reasonable. They are made of wood, and they are really well made, they also have a piece of tape with the ID of each plane written on it. There are Japanese and German as well as US planes. With that said all the ones that I have looked at so far on line are cast and made of resin or plastic and I have yet to find any made of wood. Any help is appreciated.

post-1412-0-82591400-1498435395_thumb.jpgpost-1412-0-08083100-1498435434.jpg

Yes there were ID models made from wood during WW2. Project plans were provided with instructions and I think many teen age kids were involved as well as CAP Cadets, etc. I have never seen them but recall reading of them many years ago. Nice haul!

Manchu Warrior

Yes there were ID models made from wood during WW2. Project plans were provided with instructions and I think many teen age kids were involved as well as CAP Cadets, etc. I have never seen them but recall reading of them many years ago. Nice haul!

I appreciate the information. Thanks!

Jumpin Jack

During the war there were black molded hard rubber (?) spotter planes produced that were very detailed. My brother sent me a Helldiver when I was a kid. I've experienced others of the same, but different models over the years. Jack