ETO Ordnance Technical Sgt Grouping.

copper252

I purchased this grouping from an estate sale yesterday. I consisted of an M1905 cut down bayonet, Wolf Brown ribbon bar. Intel manual from June 1945, his patches from his stripped Ike Jacket and an ordnance belt. I paid 50 for the bayonet, Is that a good price? There was a German Bayonet with frog, German manual and an enameled WW1 Iron Cross Ring but I missed out on the german stuff. I would like to research him, I have no idea how only using laundry number. His was H-5567.

post-163795-0-48656600-1498275052_thumb.jpg

post-163795-0-09746200-1498275087_thumb.jpg

post-163795-0-27217700-1498275106_thumb.jpg

post-163795-0-98410700-1498275127_thumb.jpg

Nice find. From my (european) point of view i'd say 50 is a good price.

As for the laundry number, try this website : wwii-enlistment.com

It uses the NARA database but allows you to make an automatic search by simply filling the laundry number : a real treasure ! Once you have the list of potential matches, try to search them on the ww2 registry, finagrave, ancestry or online obituaries website to see if you can fin more information. With some luck you'll find info that'll match what you have in the group (ordnance, T/4, more than 3 years of service,...). Just be aware that the NARA database is not totally complete (some files were not correctly digitalized) so the owner might not be in your matches list in the first place.

Good luck !

Ben

Nice find. From my (european) point of view i'd say 50 is a good price.

As for the laundry number, try this website : wwii-enlistment.com

It uses the NARA database but allows you to make an automatic search by simply filling the laundry number : a real treasure ! Once you have the list of potential matches, try to search them on the ww2 registry, finagrave, ancestry or online obituaries website to see if you can fin more information. With some luck you'll find info that'll match what you have in the group (ordnance, T/4, more than 3 years of service,...). Just be aware that the NARA database is not totally complete (some files were not correctly digitalized) so the owner might not be in your matches list in the first place.

Good luck !

Ben

I looked him up and I could not find any technical sgt from the area I bought it in.

I looked him up and I could not find any technical sgt from the area I bought it in.

The rank is Technician 4th Grade, not Technical Sergeant.

The rank is Technician 4th Grade, not Technical Sergeant.

Yeah that's what I meant, I still couldn't find any.