General Matthew Ridgway's Uniform

uniformcollector

uniformcollector

I was lucky to get this fantastic uniform not too long ago of General Matthew Ridgway. Everything is original with the exception of the miniature medals which I had done at Marlow White. The uniform was tailored in Korea, likely around the time Ridgway commanded the 8th Army. There is a photo somewhere on the forum of the General's miniature medals and it looks like they were once pinned on this uniform as there are quite a bit of holes down the left lapel.

An interesting thing to note is that there are at least four or five Ridgway pieces I have seen over the years, but this is the first that has an actual letter from Ridgway himself.

post-104949-0-41090400-1497911397_thumb.jpg

uniformcollector

Marlow White always does a fantastic job with miniature medals. When I ordered these I had to explain that they were not for personal use because they now require award citations for Silver Stars and DSCs.

post-104949-0-54137600-1497911606_thumb.jpg

Nice Ridgeway dress mess. Who is the general uniform to the right? That's another nice one. Great collection as always.

4starchris

uniformcollector

Thanks for the comments! The uniform on the right is the dress blues from General Andrew Goodpaster. The insignia unfortunately was all added, but the uniform itself is original from Goodpaster's time at West Point. It's not shown, but I also have his West Point visor.

There is an interesting letter from the General that goes with it stating that he wore the uniform throughout his entire career. If I'm not mistaken, Chris, didn't you own quite a few Goodpaster pieces a few years ago?

post-104949-0-78313500-1497990994_thumb.jpg