7 replies to this topic

#1 capt.maddog

capt.maddog
  • Members
    • Member ID: 86,610
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

Hi

please see and comment . is real? why not have parachuit badge on left chest ?

Attached Images

• casanova.jpg

#2 bellasilva

bellasilva
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,906
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

Could be a variety of reasons. I'd check the inside stitching on the SSI to see if the wear matches the wear on the nametapes (SSI looks fresh). Or you can check the inside of the jacket to see if there is a ghost of a badge that has been removed

#3 Mercenary25

Mercenary25
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,082
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

Just because BDU has SOCOM SSI, it doesn't mean the soldier is in Delta Force....

And the 1st SOC combat patch looks like added recently. Take pics of inside jacket, for stitching on all patches.

Edited by Mercenary25, 19 June 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#4 Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,311
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:32 AM

That's a USASOC SSI.  SFOD-D does wear the USASOC SSI but so do a lot of non-airborne personnel assigned to USASOC headquarters.  

Also, 112th Signal Battalion and 528th Special Operations Support battalion are both part of USASOC and wear the maroon beret and USASOC SSI even though most of their personnel are not airborne qualified.  

#5 turko

turko
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,113
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

That's a USASOC SSI.  SFOD-D does wear the USASOC SSI but so do a lot of non-airborne personnel assigned to USASOC headquarters.  

Also, 112th Signal Battalion and 528th Special Operations Support battalion are both part of USASOC and wear the maroon beret and USASOC SSI even though most of their personnel are not airborne qualified.  

Also, if that was an Operators coat, even if it didn't have skill badges it more than likely would have a Ranger and/or SF tab, right?  I think the fact that it lacks those is more telling than missing skill badges.

#6 Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,311
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

Also, if that was an Operators coat, even if it didn't have skill badges it more than likely would have a Ranger and/or SF tab, right?  I think the fact that it lacks those is more telling than missing skill badges.

Not necessarily. I wasn't anywhere close to SFOD-D but even in the "regular" SF units we had a requirement to maintain at least two "sterile" uniforms that only had the minimum insignia required by reg: U.S. Army tape, name tape and left sleeve SSI. So it could be an operators sterile uniform .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 capt.maddog

capt.maddog
  • Members
    • Member ID: 86,610
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:20 AM

Could be a variety of reasons. I'd check the inside stitching on the SSI to see if the wear matches the wear on the nametapes (SSI looks fresh). Or you can check the inside of the jacket to see if there is a ghost of a badge that has been removed

Attached Images

• sewing.jpg

#8 sigsaye

sigsaye
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,104
  • 5,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

The "Spear head" shaped patch with the dagger, "Sorry, not an Army Guy"), has been freshly added since the last time this uniform was laundered. I've seen patches on uniforms for many years, mine and others, and can see that this was an add on that never went through a laundry nor was pressed. Professionally, one of the first things done with newly applied patches is that they are pressed. This shrinks both the ostch and the thread attaching the patch to "Seal" them and get it tight. And, again, there are many, MANY, support people assigned to SpecOps units that are NOT operators, but wear the unit insignia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)