MAAM's 2017 WWII Weekend in Reading, PA

Waltz41

My 16th year participating there. Always a fun time. Great selection of aircraft this year, some nice 'additions' to the regulars. I sneak away from our pacific theater encampment as Wolfhounds from the 27th IR, 25th ID on Guadalcanal to get some photos on the aircraft, which is my favorite part. Enjoy!

post-89245-0-79203600-1497813673_thumb.jpg

dave peifer

we were there and had a great week,this was our 20th year at the flea market.sunday I bought one of the original prop blades from the p-61 black widow they have under restoration,overall a great turnout,thanks for the pics...........dave

Beautiful pictures. Where did this take place? I didn't know there were any B-29s flying. Perhaps I just haven't seen any. The Airacobra is beautiful also.

we were there and had a great week,this was our 20th year at the flea market.sunday I bought one of the original prop blades from the p-61 black widow they have under restoration,overall a great turnout,thanks for the pics...........dave

So you bought the blade huh? They were giving it a good advertisement allllll weekend on the loudspeakers haha. Very cool! Congrats on that item, one of a kind!

Beautiful pictures. Where did this take place? I didn't know there were any B-29s flying. Perhaps I just haven't seen any. The Airacobra is beautiful also.

Reading, Pennsylvania. At the airport, on one side they have the Mid Atlantic Air Museum and every year for 27 of them I think they have had the WWII Weekend.

There are actually 2 B-29s flying now, Fifi (this one) and Doc, recently restored and flying, based out of the Northwest I believe.

That's actually a P-63 Kingcobra, but somewhat hard pressed to tell the difference for a lot of people. The pilot flew it pretty well, and did some really nice passes.

Waltz41: Thanks for these fine photos! I'm looking forward to getting out to Reading for that show. Was the P-61 out for display? Kinda wondering how far along it is now. Of course......I could just get off my duff and go to the MAAM website, which I'll do right after posting this.

"There are actually 2 B-29s flying now, Fifi (this one) and Doc, recently restored and flying, based out of the Northwest I believe."

Unless things have changed, "Doc" is based out of Wichita, KS....the former McConnell AFB I believe.

Great photos Brian. I have a soft spot for the KingCobra. I grew up near an airport where a bright red KingCobra racer was based and saw it fly often.

The CAF Mustang always drives me a bit crazy with it's hodgepodge markings. Wish they'd get them right, but I suppose she's been painted that way so long that folks expect it that way :)

manayunkman

30 years in Pa. and I never made it to the show.

I had to go to 2 neighborhood yard sales that weekend every June.

Priorities are a #*%&@.

Thanks Brian for bringing us there.

Where is Briefing Time?

And when is that P-61 going to be ready?

Dave I'm glad you finally got something worthwhile for your collection :D