U.S. Army Intelligence Center (USAIC) - Fort Huachuca Instructor Pocket Hanger Badge

Started by Manchu Warrior , Jun 17 2017 03:41 PM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,412
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

I picked this U.S. Army Intelligence Center (USAIC) - Fort Huachuca Instructor badge today and it was easy enough to identify.  However, I really can find no information on the badge at all. I would like to know if they still wear the badge and if not what era it may be from and is it a rare item?     Thanks!

usaic 001.JPG usaic 003.JPG

#2 VMI88

VMI88
  • Members
    • Member ID: 265
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

I was at the schoolhouse at Fort Huachuca in 1989 and again in 1992-3 and 1998, and I never saw these badges in use. You can probably narrow it down by researching the name: the US Army Intelligence Center & School (USAICS) became the US Army Intelligence Center & Fort Huachuca (USAIC & FH) at some point. That would at least give you an earliest possible date.

#3 Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
  • Members
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

I was at the schoolhouse at Fort Huachuca in 1989 and again in 1992-3 and 1998, and I never saw these badges in use. You can probably narrow it down by researching the name: the US Army Intelligence Center & School (USAICS) became the US Army Intelligence Center & Fort Huachuca (USAIC & FH) at some point. That would at least give you an earliest possible date.

I did a little more snooping around and the only thing I came up with is that the center is now actually called the, United States Army Intelligence Center of Excellence and Fort Huachuca.  I actually found the badge a few blocks from the former home of the US Army MI school which was the former Fort Holabird. I appreciate the information.   Thanks!

#4 VMI88

VMI88
  • Members
    • Member ID: 265
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

Try contacting the History Office at Fort Huachuca - they should be able to tell you when the various names are used.

#5 Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior
  • Members
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

Try contacting the History Office at Fort Huachuca - they should be able to tell you when the various names are used.

Thank you!!

#6 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,435
  • 11,300 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

Cool hanger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)