Wonder Woman

Bob Hudson

This is a great movie - not just CGI, but a good story too.

The connection with militaria?

Wonder Woman's disguise while in WWI London: she is on the left and the two images on the right are US Army Nurse Agnes Reid who was chief nurse at an Army hospital in France in 1917-1918.

wwiagnesandww.jpg

This type of women's "overseas" uniform was worn by women in several different roles, military and non-military, uncluding the Red Cross.

Here's a photo from another forum thread: post-7548-0-82091800-1444242505.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Keith

I guess that is pretty good historical accuracy for Hollywood. Personally, I am a bit partial to Linda Carters "uniform".

BKW

Personally, I am a bit partial to Linda Carters "uniform".

BKW

Yeah, Aunt Agnes never ran around in her underwear as far as the family knows.

ww2.jpeg

ww1.jpeg

Brian Keith

Bob,

Thanks for adding the other historical photos to this thread. We always want to be able to contrast the various uniforms and time periods used. I think we need a 180 degree photo of each so we can compare the historical accuracy.

BKW

Sgt. BARney

IMHO, Hollywood really blew it on the remake!

At first glance, I just get more of a "Secrets of Isis" vibe from her outfit than Wonder Women (see attached for comparison). Don't get me wrong - Ms. Gadot is cute and all, but there is absolutely NOTHING about Linda Carter's kit that needed Hollywood's revisionist touch. And what's with that shield and whompin' stick strapped to her back???? I'm sorry missy, but if you can't defeat evil with just a truth lasso and ballistic bracelets, you need to go back to selling Girl Scout cookies.

And now for some nit-picking - Her combat tiara is upside down, there aren't any stars on her skivvy drawers, and I'm pretty sure that shield on her back is definitely a post-war McCord....

I'm sorry to rant, but I was in my teens in the late 70's - Linda Carter will ALWAYS be Wonder Woman.

Anyway, I agree with the gentleman from Indiana - we need more pictures. Can you post something that shows the heat stamp/lot number on her shield?

post-160365-0-64954300-1498883518.jpg

Here is some original art and the same panels from the comic book during Lynda Carter's reign as Wonder Woman.

Dick

post-9487-0-27782200-1499265940_thumb.jpg

post-9487-0-26608500-1499265946_thumb.jpg