Finally got my KA-BAR(s)! Now I can die happy :-)

usmce4

Couple months ago I was staring in the mirror and I thought: "50 years ago I was a good-lookin', hard-chargin' young Marine. And now, by God, I ain't even got a KA-BAR no more." (The one I brought home with me got misplaced years ago). So I started watching ebay, and studying this forum, and finally took the plunge. BIG mistake - nobody told me they're like potato chips - you can't have just one.

Hope nobody minds if I post my two favorites (third one is a late black Camillus and BTY, I was in the Marines from '62 to '67 and I never saw a black one. All we had was WW II & Korea surplus).

These are not hardly in the class of the ones you guys post, but how I'd love to hear there stories if they could talk!

post-168413-0-23906800-1497559760_thumb.jpg

12---- Last one. Sorry, I didn't realize each pic required it's own post. Again, I hope nobody minds and thanks for the opportunity to post.

Art

post-168413-0-51985900-1497560407_thumb.jpg

Catfishcraig

Thanks for sharing. Your right about the addictive nature of these. Soon you will be trying to pick up every known variation of the Kabar and next to the PAL and Robeson makers.

Nice knifes

Craig

Schnicklfritz

Interesting that the one in post #6 seems to have a Marine Raider insignia. Perhaps searching for a name would confirm. That would be great if it was Id'd to a Raider!

Interesting that the one in post #6 seems to have a Marine Raider insignia. Perhaps searching for a name would confirm. That would be great if it was Id'd to a Raider!

I was thinking exactly that myself, but being such a late model the Raiders had already been disbanded. But had an ex-Raider survived that far into the war you can be sure he'd want his grunt buddies to see that emblem.

milcollector

Yes a horrible addiction.

I recommend the 12 step program.

and it looks like you have already acknowledged step 1.