35th Infantry Scout Dog Platoon Patch / Scroll

USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321

Hello,

I was looking at this 35th Inf Scout Dog Platoon Scroll and was wanting to get some opinions, background etc... on it. It appears to be cut off a uniform, but no background on it. Would this most likely be a Vietnam theater made patch or later? And if so what would a fair price be to pay? Also would this be an official approved patch or more of a small unit unofficial patch?

Thanks for any input.

Troy

post-33000-0-67831500-1497398120.jpg

post-33000-0-62053300-1497398523.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

I guess I'm not seeing what in the link you posted makes this patch a repo? Am I missing something?

The photo in the link is showing and talking about a German made patch for the 35th Inf Scout Dog Platoon in the 50's while attached to the 11th AB and 7th Army. But the 35th, from what little I could find was later attached to the 1st Inf Division in Vietnam and most likely a Vietnam theater made patch at that time and not German.

Also, I don't own this patch, just looking at making an offer if good. So if what you say is true and its thought to be a repro its not a problem for me at this point.

Thanks for the input and links.

Troy

The lettering is Asian, and cruder, not German. The border, likewise. It does not look VN made, either. I have a 35th, like the one in the link, and one VN made for the 37th, which looks nothing in comparison to this one. My 37th looks similar in manufacture to other VN made SDP scrolls I have seen but I haven't seen them all yet.

This is only one opinion. If you like the scroll, go ahead and buy it.

Unk why the 7th and 3rd ID patches are in the pic.

USMC-RECON0321

Unk why the 7th and 3rd ID patches are in the pic.

Thanks again for the input.

It's in a surplus pile of patches, so I cropped out the others to make the scroll patch larger. (Not my pictures)

I did find modern day 35th scrolls currently being sold and they look exactly like the German made example in that link above.

Please post a better picture of the scroll - could be a good one.Here is a link to the history of the unit - unfortunately in german but a lot of wonderful photos where you can see wear of that scroll.Please contact me if you want a translation in english of the unit history.Hope I could help you.

http://www.amerika-in-augsburg.de/index.php?id=1545

doughboy

USMC-RECON0321

Please post a better picture of the scroll - could be a good one.Here is a link to the history of the unit - unfortunately in german but a lot of wonderful photos where you can see wear of that scroll.Please contact me if you want a translation in english of the unit history.Hope I could help you.

http://www.amerika-in-augsburg.de/index.php?id=1545

doughboy

Thanks, but I don't have the patch and the only pictures posted are from the seller.

This is on ebay.

I saw it when first posted.The lot has a helmet,belt,patches

I think its at/around $183 currently