Question: Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this F-S knife?

Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack

post-247-0-94417400-1497364744_thumb.jpg

I posted this question in the "Identification" Forum, with few lookers and absolutely no response, so it came to me that that I posted in the wrong area. Go the the experts dummy, so here I am much in the need of your help. The only marking is the broad arrow with a 6 below it. Some discussion states that such a marking might be in inspector's mark rather than a manufacturer's code. Any thoughts? Appreciate any help. Jack

• 2 weeks later...
Jumpin Jack

post-247-0-48221900-1498088014_thumb.jpg post-247-0-35031200-1498088047_thumb.jpg

Above just above the crossguard is stamped a broad arrow with a 2 below. Below is an etched marking that best guess looks like a soccer ball. Any one have guess as to who the manufacturer might be?

Hi,your FS is a standard 3rd patt late war example with a machine ground blade.Earlier 3 patts can be found with hand ground blades and are generally a lot thicker.The arrow and number six is are inspectors marks.These late war knives were made by many companies and I doubt you will be able to find which one actually made it.I have not seen the other mark before and I'm not sure what it represents.

Rgards,Steve.

Jumpin Jack

Hello Steve. I sincerely appreciate your input. I now have five of these puppies, two of which are named. Jack