Up for Discussion and Study

SKIPH

I found this on ebay a little while ago. Have seen variations by "KUTMASTER" maybe other companies, but not this one. This is a first for me, and have never seen any reference. Ebay item # 222540603740

: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-US-M3-PAL-BLADE-DATED-1943-TRENCH-KNIFE-WITH-M8-SCABBARD-/222540603740?hash=item33d074215c:g:fagAAOSwceNZOvOy

, for a "Buy Now" price of $1450.00. It is a M3 like trench knife, which was probably made from left over M4 parts. This one is really different. It is stamped on the left side "CASE 1943". We've gotta discuss this one. I do not know, or have ever dealt with the seller. I have my suspicions about authenticity, but cold be wrong. I try tp ost the pics, but still haven't figured it out. If some one could help, I'd appreciate it.

I take it something here is super rare because I don't get the attraction. I like knives but this one looks a bit tired.

Good catch on the "!". Also, the M4s didn't even go into production til 1944, we all know this is from M4 parts. Plus Case never stamped anything on the left side of the blade that I know of. SKIP

Almost forgot! Thanks Bob for posting the pics! Bill- Not sure if I have actually ever seen a "Kinfolks" version, but have seen many "Kutmaster" (Utica). SKIP

I take it something here is super rare because I don't get the attraction. I like knives but this one looks a bit tired.

What the others are looking at is the CASE mark with the date, plus the pommel with the ring. If it were originally an M3, the blade mark is different than expected (all wrong) and its on the wrong side of the blade. Add that to the pommel thing going on and you really have something to talk about. Maybe its a very rare CASE post war put together....but it is still junk. Someone might try to save it though.

Marv

Marv-For a Buy Now price of $1450.00 I'm not gonna try to save it. LOL! I try to rationalize that the seller just doesn't know what he has, and just throws a price out there to see what sticks. But, this is out there. SKIP

Almost forgot! Thanks Bob for posting the pics! Bill- Not sure if I have actually ever seen a "Kinfolks" version, but have seen many "Kutmaster" (Utica). SKIP

That's probably what I meant to say, but for some reason I think I've seen a knife (other than Kutmaster or EGW) that had the loop through the tang.

milcollector

Case has always been a fairly high quality knife company.

Even their simple products like the pig sticker are well made.

Hard to think that Case would move to that level of production,

but who knows?