2nd Division Warrior...WWI

tarbridge

Pvt James A Reardon...Co E...23rd Infantry Regiment...

2nd Infantry Division...

rps20170609_123922.jpgrps20170609_124039.jpgrps20170609_124119.jpgrps20170609_124136.jpgrps20170609_124207.jpg

A great pair of medals , Robert. Raises the question of why the SSM did not receive a large OLC? Wonder what the issue dates of each was? Do you have the cards? Bob

A great pair of medals , Robert. Raises the question of why the SSM did not receive a large OLC? Wonder what the issue dates of each was? Do you have the cards? Bob

I have not had time yet but will post an update when I do.

Bill_Carman

Very Nice Robert!! James A Reardon also received the French Croix de Guerre with Silver Star attachment.

post-140407-0-48722200-1497044906.jpg

post-140407-0-71397300-1497044984.jpg

Robert, I have his dog tags - and have already pulled his awards cards. If these are for sale I'm interested, otherwise would be happy to pass on the research I've accumulated on him already.

A shame his Croix de Guerre and Mexican Service Medal were split from these medals at some point.

Thanks

So he got his Purple Heart with Large OLC on 1-4-33 and his Silver Star with small gilt OLC on 2-14-33 confirming two different dates of medals being sent. Must wonder if A) All awards were handled from the same location? B) If both awards were processed and made at the earlier date would he have a Large OLC on his SSM? Just medal-wondering! Great pair of awards. Would sure look nicer displayed with his Dog Tag and a replacement Croix de Guerre and Victory medal with them. Just saying! :D Bob

Great pair of awards. Would sure look nicer displayed with his Dog Tag and a replacement Croix de Guerre and Victory medal with them. Just saying! :D Bob

Though I couldn't agree more, I also couldn't think of a better caretaker for these medals.

I'll preserve the story with the tags, and Robert will preserve with the medals. In the long term, maybe they'll end up back together at some point.