Inland Carbines, late

iron bender

iron bender

A couple of new pic ups, super late Inland M1 6 mil serial and M1a1 5 mil serial. Plus a couple of 44 contract airborne weapon bags, one multi-weapon and one m1a1 leg bag.

post-166807-0-17257700-1496456677_thumb.jpg

jfecteau99

Nice! I like the paratrooper carbine. Looks like its got a birch upper hand guard? Other stock looks like the original set. Enjoy.

iron bender

Nice! I like the paratrooper carbine. Looks like its got a birch upper hand guard? Other stock looks like the original set. Enjoy.

Good eye. It's indeed a birch upper. Oops. Just double checked. Not birch, just a light walnut. I'd still question whether or not this set ever left a govt arsenal as an m1a1. Still love it, love that high wood stock.

iron bender

Carbine collection to this point. All late obviously. I roll really slow on carbines because I rarely see carbines I like. I do know for fact I will not butcher a perfectly fine late 40's early 50's gov't refit. I've done this to a couple of carbines and the results are rarely good looking overall and it's costly with little to no return on the backside. Eventually I'll find an early carbine I like, probably overpay for it, but it will be the one I want.

post-166807-0-12629300-1496458465_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Carbines are a favorite of mine . It's also fun collecting the different ammo out there like high pressure test rounds, foreign made, steel case, grenade launching etc.

Nice carbines, thanks for sharing your display. It is fun to have the different ammo that goes with them as well as the launchers, bayonets, etc. While I have several boxes of the proof rounds I have not seen any of the elusive FA marked rounds.

• 4 weeks later...
Garandomatic

Nice. I just committed to a 5.2 mil Inland. I intend to restore it simply because only 5 parts aren't correct (original stock and barrel!) And i really want to relieve it of its bayonet lug. Had a post war refit for many many years, and i figure this is close as I'll ever get.

Nice. I just committed to a 5.2 mil Inland. I intend to restore it simply because only 5 parts aren't correct (original stock and barrel!) And i really want to relieve it of its bayonet lug. Had a post war refit for many many years, and i figure this is close as I'll ever get.

Don't give up. I thought the same thing, and last year, I stumbled on a mostly original condition bringback. It's a highwood 5 digit Inland, the only thing off I can find is a Win firing pin based on the Carbine Club parts chart.

Garandomatic

Then there's the money those things pull today... Holy cow... I'm getting this one and a recently gunsmith built garand with a Douglas match barrel (with 472 rounds of 30-06 on clips) for purty cheap.