O.D. Flight coveralls

Bodes

Forum members, I came across an olive drab pair of USAAF wool coveralls.......Has a size 38 tag in the neck and another inside.....I don't remember the type, but it did say Flight coveralls and property of US Army Air Forces on it....Was in pretty good condition, but has a small snag or pest damage in the middle of the back...Too big of hole to be fixed w/o notice, short of reweaving.....Zipper has leather pull, plastic buttons on legs/arms for sinching....No patches or markings on the exterior....Don't recall if belt was present....

I've see a number of the khaki flight coveralls, but few if any olive drab ones.....Were these used in combat or just training?....Also curious if $70 is a fair price?......Thoughts appreciated as usual.....Bodes

phantomfixer

the A-4, AN-S-31 and the L-1 came in OD gaberdine wool..the AN-S-31 and K-1 were made in tan poplin also, not sure if the L-1 was made in poplin..

Sounds like you saw an AN-S-31 if it had buttons to adjust leg opening...the A-4 and L-1 both had zippers at the ankles..the AN-S-31 also had two tags, one on the neck and another on the inside along the zipper IIRC

the A-4 and AN-S-31 were used throughout the war in all theaters and the L-1 was late war

70.00 for a sz 38 needing repairs is a "gotta have it" price IMO..closer to 40-50.00

hope that helps and is clear as mud

Thanks for the reply, great minds must think alike...I was thinking around $45, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something....Bodes