Estate sale find, M.P. helmet, front seam fixed loop

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

Here are some better(I hope) pictures of the mp I found at estate sale. I think it s stainless steel rims, fixed loop with o email side missing. Frt seam. Dark green in color. Has whipe stencil with what seems to be a white band. It's hard to tell if the bandis paint or adhesive. Has a name written inside vandal bouchard, or vanda L. Bouchard. Any thought from the pro'spost-11207-0-02756700-1495843698_thumb.jpg

GeneralCheese

Very interesting MP helmet. There appears to be a black box behind the MP stencil leading me to believe this is actually a post-war Canadian MP helmet; one of the multitudes purchased by Canada from the US in the 60's.

http://mpmuseum.org/securhelmet.html

I agree. The black marker names on the inside are also a hallmark of Canadian used helmets.

Burning Hazard

Also to add, Bouchard is a quite common last name in Canada; particularly in our french speaking province of Quebec.

BILL THE PATCH

Learn something new everyday here. Luckily I have friend who informed of the same info, and he wants to buy it. Any value ? what do these go for? Can someone help me with what I should charge?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

This is correct, very common practice among Canadian soldiers to mark the inside of the shell in black marker pen, and we also used the last 3 digits of our social insurance numbers (similar to social security numbers in the US) as identifiers similar to the way soldiers used the 4 digits and their name in WWII.

In excellent shape I've seen these Canadian 60s / 70s era MP helmets go for about $200 but this one is pretty rough so it's really worth what anybody would pay for it I think.

Rick

BILL THE PATCH

Thanks Rick,

Since it's in bad shape I wouldn't feel right giving it to my freind. Ill list it on eBay and see what happens.