Paramarine Cpl. Ozzie Eggesson almost made it to 94, but not quite

Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack

I had my weekly visit with Ozzie last week, and he didn't look well. He told me he had a good life, but now it was time to end. I reminded him that his birthday was the 23rd. I went to visit him today, and his room was all arranged, but no Ozzie. I learned that he has died on Monday. He is now where he wanted to be, and will be greatly missed after a seven year friendship that started with an interview of his military history. He was a maker of history, and I have been able to preserve that history in two of my books. Safe journey, my friend.

268th C.A.

Amien Ronnie. Its tough. I have one I see once a week he's 97. There a fine group that cant be replaced. Sorry for your loss. RIP and in our prayers. I'm glad you had time to share with him. Bless you for that. Many don't have friends or family left.

Amien Ronnie. Its tough. I have one I see once a week he's 97. There a fine group that cant be replaced. Sorry for your loss. RIP and in our prayers. I'm glad you had time to share with him. Bless you for that. Many don't have friends or family left.

My "almost grandfather" who is a Korean War vet suffered a minor stroke a few weeks ago. Scary stuff when it is people you are especially close with...

The veterans themselves may go, but they must always be remembered. That is part of what fascinates me about this hobby in a way because we are all in the business of remembering in some way.

RIP Ozzie Eggesson