• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
    • Member ID: 247
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Hello to all.  Vol 4 of the series is currently being prepared to go to press.  I'll let you know when it will be available.  Vol 4 will wrap up the study relative to U.S. Airborne Forces during WWII.  I can't thank all of you that have provided material that has made the series what it is.  Now, it's time to turn to all once again for help.  This volume will cover the 10th Mountain Division, the Ranger Battalions, The OSS, and the 442 RCT.  I desperately need photos of Ike and service uniforms, unique SSI's, individual photos and their history, DI's, period photos (can be good copies), and anything else you think would be appropriate. As usual, you will be credited in the front and with the material used, and will qualify for the appropriate Forum discount when you purchase a signed numbered copy.  My address is LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia, 3949 W. 151st Terrace, Leawood, KS, 66224.

I thank you one and all in advance for your help.  Jack  P.S.  Bender prefers that photos be done on a disc.  Be sure to provide any history that might go with items.

#2 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

The word "desperately" was not an overstatement, but rather a reality.  Anyone out there ready to step forward with some input?  Jack

#3 Rakkasan187

Rakkasan187
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,554
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

PM sent...

Leigh

#4 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

I have had excellent response regarding OSS equipment, but need some personal shots of the operatives in uniform if possible.  Also need Ranger uniforms and individuals in uniform.  Any help will be credited, and certainly greatly appreciated.  Jack

#5 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

Talked to Bender a few days ago.  He estimates release of Vol 4 to be the Christmas release, but possibly earlier than that.  GEN Buck Kernan has done the Forward for this book.  GEN Dan McNeill will be doing the Forward for Vol 5, to be released sometime next year.  Still need some good photos for Vol 5--OSS, Ranger and 10th Mountain Division.  This is your opportunity to get some good exposure for your interesting items in your collections.  Jack

#6 dogface44

dogface44
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,686
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Dear Jack,

A friend would be happy to provide 442nd items from the battlefield of the Vosges/Bruyeres/Lost Battalion battles.

He has a cool Red Bull helmet from a 1/442 vet that made from the 100th in Italy to Eastern France where it was found.

Please PM me if you are interested.

I also have two FSSF camo helmets and some dug up items that I would be happy to share. Also have some 442nd dug up items from the Lost Battalion.

#7 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Thank you very much for responding.  The publisher has assessed the Ranger, OSS and 10th Mountain material, and believes it will easily cover the 500 - 600 page desired.  However, I would like a CD of your two FSSF camo helmets as these could go in the addendum.  Please provide any information regarding the two.  My mailing address is LTC(Ret.) John R,. Angolia, 3949 W. 151st Terrace, Leawood, KS, 66224, USA  Thank you in advance for your help.  Jacki

#8 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

Time for another Vol 4 update.  I have just finished proofing Airborne Weapons & Equipment totaling 135 pages.  If this doesn't get your juices stirring, I don't know what will. The bayonets, fighting knives and M-2 blades alone are a study unto themselves.  I can't thank those enough who stepped in to provide material.  For my entire writing career, it is just such support that have made my books worthwhile.  It looks like we we seem to be on target for a Christmas release!  Stay tunes.  Jack

#9 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

So much for being on target.  Just had a lengthy conversation with Roger, and he tells me it won't happen.  The reason being we are getting significantly new material that will be imputed, the reason being it looks as if the book will exceed 600 pages.  I will continue to keep you appraised.  As for Vol 5 this is still in the works, and could use any copies of good period photos of the 10th Mountain Division, Rangers, and OSS, as well as photos of interesting uniforms, insignia, equipment, etc.  As stated before, anyone providing input will be credited, and given a 20% discount on the book(s).  Please allow me to extend my wishes for a very enjoyable Thanksgiving.  Jack

#10 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

BUMP as I would like to get this information out to all that might be interested.  Jack

#11 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:17 AM

You might be wondering what's the hold up on Vol 4.  It has taken on a life of it's own.  Every time it looks like it's ready to go to press, something good crops up.  I already mentioned that the First Special Service Force runs over 100 pages.  Now the equipment section has done the same thing.  Really pushing the 600 page mark.  Estimated release is sometime this spring.  I'll keep you informed.  Jack

#12 Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack
  • Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

Bump

#13 Jay V

Jay V
  • Members
    • Member ID: 564
  • 1,568 posts