Salty netted helmet set

GeneralCheese

GeneralCheese

Recent pick-up. FB with Westinghouse liner. I did take the liner out to check for markings (and found a laundry number), and was able to place everything back to where it is almost completely unchanged from before. Take a look

post-30085-0-02487800-1495509954_thumb.jpg

GeneralCheese

And after I put it back in. Very small differences in where the net lies under the strap, and one tiny crack on the chinstrap from being stretched. Unnoticeable unless you really look for it. I will never be taking the liner out again.

post-30085-0-53721600-1495510058_thumb.jpg

Great piece there, also a good idea/move with those clamp things (Forgot what their called :lol:) to keep net frim and place when liner was out of the shell.

GeneralCheese

Great piece there, also a good idea/move with those clamp things (Forgot what their called :lol:) to keep net frim and place when liner was out of the shell.

Thank you! The small binder clips really do help. I'd recommend more than 3 though. Works well with covers too.

Now you just got to track down that Serial Number, that first number maybe the second might be the tough one, it's so smeared! So lets give it a crack. What are we seeing, M-1852???

post-34986-0-12959100-1495554158_thumb.jpg

ParanormalTrooper

Nice lid, try to use a baby monitor to see the name maybe?

It works with canvas and ink but idk if itll work with the leather.

Good luck!

Screamingeagles101

I really like it! If you are ever looking to trade/sell this one or one like it, please send a message!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk