Warbirds Over the Beach

TLeo

Anybody else make it up to Va. Beach this weekend? ...especially for Sunday? The Saturday show was a bit of a bust due to weather. Hot in the morning but by lunch a front moved in with solid clouds and 20 mph winds and temp drop into low 60s. That morning they flew passenger rides and check flights but that afternoon all they were able to do was taxi some of the birds. Here a few shots....

post-5081-0-36059500-1495483477_thumb.jpg

post-5081-0-65247900-1495483613_thumb.jpg

post-5081-0-59202800-1495483636_thumb.jpg

post-5081-0-87156900-1495483652_thumb.jpg

phantomfixer

nice pics...didnt make it...been to the museum several times while visiting my son...great place and nice grass strip...love the German Hangers...That Skyraider is killer what a beast

Glad you made it out to the show.

It is really a great museum and location.

It is a great museum and maybe one day I'll take a ride in one of their aircraft. I just wish the weather had cooperated Saturday. I had to leave Sunday morning and unable to go back for that days show.

MilitariaKollektor

Saturday was a disappointment. But, there was a lot to see on the ground and inside the museum. So much stuff not enough time!

3022gcy.jpg

xonr7t.jpg

16959hw.jpg

xe1vgx.jpg

j13k1f.jpg

Shoreleave

Anybody else make it up to Va. Beach this weekend? ...especially for Sunday? The Saturday show was a bit of a bust due to weather. Hot in the morning but by lunch a front moved in with solid clouds and 20 mph winds and temp drop into low 60s. That morning they flew passenger rides and check flights but that afternoon all they were able to do was taxi some of the birds. Here a few shots....

Great pictures! I was actually doing some volunteer work there and hanging out with some friends in the AAF reenactment group! That show is an absolute hoot. Glad I live all of 20 minutes from the museum. Wish they would have been able to get that 109 airborn but seeing the Catalina and the Mosquito in the air were pretty darn cool. They actually got the parachute squad out on Sunday but it was a little odd because the JU-52 broke down so they had to jump from the C-46 ... in full German Paratrooper garb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...