CBI-made Tech Rep Allison Wings

aacapt

Anyone know what this is? I know it is not military, but may have been a set of wings for someone involved in the war effort. Allison made aircraft engines used in WW2. My guess for the F E D is Flight Evaluation Department/Division. I don't know what time frame they are from. I have had them about 10 years. They are pinback, flat on the back with no mark of any kind. They are 3" from tip to tip.

post-168474-0-29904400-1495464138_thumb.jpg

There is another thread on this insignia from a large AVG tech rep collecrion

Thanks for the heads-up, ocsfollowme. Yes, I checked it out. Another set of these wings was pictured in "Rare Flying Tigers/US Tech. Rep. Group" posted by Norwegian on 4 Apr 2017. One of the viewers asked if the F E D might stand for Far East Division/Department.

What a treat to see! That wing is actually made in India or China. I have the same pattern in pilot rating. That's a really unique piece of history you've posted. Thanks for sharing.

What a treat to see! That wing is actually made in India or China. I have the same pattern in pilot rating. That's a really unique piece of history you've posted. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, mghcal. Any guess as to what the F E D stands for? Could you post a picture of the same pattern pilot wing?

I have no idea what FED stands for but hopefully someone can chime in if they know. I also can't find my example of this wing but here is Cliff Presley's example on Bob Schwartz's website. http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/pilot/presleycbi.shtml

Thanks, mghcal, but the link to Bob's website shows a US 2" pilot pinback. Different link?