An M3 Trench Knife Gets A Workout in Normandy 1944

Charlie Flick

Charlie Flick

I thought you guys might enjoy seeing this one. No sign of a sheath on this Airborne soldier. He sure is keeping that M1 Rifle handy, isn't he?

M3 in Normandy with AB soldier.jpg

Regards,

Charlie

iron bender

I'd like to point out this guy is probably glider infantry in the 82nd. Please note standard infantry leggings, no jump pants, and a typical m1 helmet. It's well documented that glider infantry got their hands on individual parachutist gear regularly. This would be the first time I've seen an m42 parachutist's coat on glider guy, but it would be hard to explain otherwise. Looks like he's wearing a piece of parachute silk as a scarf too. Great pic!

I'd like to point out this guy is probably glider infantry in the 82nd. Please note standard infantry leggings, no jump pants, and a typical m1 helmet. It's well documented that glider infantry got their hands on individual parachutist gear regularly. This would be the first time I've seen an m42 parachutist's coat on glider guy, but it would be hard to explain otherwise. Looks like he's wearing a piece of parachute silk as a scarf too. Great pic!

Noticed that too.Agree a glider guy.

The jacket is also reinforced.You can see the canvas om the elbows/sleeves

iron bender

Again nice pick. Market Garden weapons platoon. Check out the a6 dead center in pic with belt loaded and 60mm folded up far left.