m1881 Officer's Henry V. Allien Field Artillery Helmet

Redlegwolf

Hello, fellow collectors:

I don't know why I never thought to ask, but does anyone have a Henry V. Allien Field Artillery Helmet. This put together example on a NG body sold to a higher bidder, and I've been kicking myself since, having never seen a front plate or the side buttons outside of Chappell's book. It's like my great white buffalo.post-153900-0-13231800-1495250977_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Dear sir, 

thank you for your knowledged post, which I read with interest. let me attach the images of a helmet that you mention that I just bought at a British auction house. The pictures are poor (sorry) but the helmet is in great shape, but for some random moth bites. I hope to receive your opinion. 

Have a fine day, UV

IMG_9108.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9114.JPG

7 hours ago, uberto said:

Dear sir, 

thank you for your knowledged post, which I read with interest. let me attach the images of a helmet that you mention that I just bought at a British auction house. The pictures are poor (sorry) but the helmet is in great shape, but for some random moth bites. I hope to receive your opinion. 

Have a fine day, UV

IMG_9108.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9114.JPG

Awesome helmet!  A great find. 

@Redlegwolf let me add another, less impressive, officer's helmet that I acquired in the same auction. Glad to receive your expert's opinion. Your posts were very very interesting while I was researching and then planning to bid on these two.  Uberto

1100019390.jpeg

1100019391.jpeg

1100020139.jpeg

1100020140.jpeg

1100020141.jpeg