INTERWAR UNIFORMS 1920 to 1940

• 4 months later...
BILL THE PATCH

Holy you know what, nice to get them out once on awhile and play. Really. Nice

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

IV Corps, 1st Observation Squadron, Battery A. This one has great domed style gilt buttons, SB DIs, nice multi constructed patch and has numerous inked stamped ASNs and two that reads A.B. Ingle 1st OBSN A-5382.post-1384-0-09546300-1517684088_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Stunning uniforms, I cannot recall the last time I've seen an interwar uniform on eBay with any insignia.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

The 103rd Division, 412th Infantry Regiment, IV Corps, Ist Observation Squadron and I believe the VI Corps Engineer tunics come off of eBay last year with their insignia intact, others came via different sources, trade, friends, dealers etc...over twenty five plus years of searching. So they are out there and not only on eBay. You just need to keep a lookout for them.

Oh yes, there was a fantastic 38th Division, 38th Signal Company grouping of three uniforms belonging to a Captain. It was one of the most complete Interwar grouping I had ever seen and it was on eBay last year too. If I had the funds it would be together with the rest of this heap!

Detail pics of the patches. It is nice to see what an actual VI Corps Interwar patch is really supposed to look like. Seen a lot of fakes.

post-1384-0-91605400-1517696679_thumb.jpg

post-1384-0-97000300-1517696691_thumb.jpg

post-1384-0-97870900-1517696708_thumb.jpg

During the A.O.G. the use of felt discs behind the various branch/U.S. discs were quite common. Al Barnes's "In Strange Land The American Occupation of Germany 2918-1923", has several clear photo illustration of this occurring. Mostly Infantry if I can recall correctly. As we know the Big Red One was part of this occupation. I think they left Germany in the latter half 1919.

The coat itself was tailored from a standing collar to meet the lapel requirements of 1926. I gather that troops would continue to wear their felt embellishments behind their collar discs upon their return to the CONUS and well into the 1920's. Purhaps their C.O. didn't need to challenge the practice since they too were familiar with the anomaly.

During the A.O.G. the use of felt discs behind the various branch/U.S. discs were quite common. Al Barnes's "In Strange Land The American Occupation of Germany 2918-1923", has several clear photo illustration of this occurring. Mostly Infantry if I can recall correctly. As we know the Big Red One was part of this occupation. I think they left Germany in the latter half 1919.

The coat itself was tailored from a standing collar to meet the lapel requirements of 1926. I gather that troops would continue to wear their felt embellishments behind their collar discs upon their return to the CONUS and well into the 1920's. Purhaps their C.O. didn't need to challenge the practice since they too were familiar with the anomaly.

I seen somewhere in one of my books, or in one of my books that I used to have, where a Sgt in the 27th Division in the late 20s-30s is wearing backings on his discs, I'll have to look around. If I do find him, can I post him here to show another example of this fashion?

Yep, it's in Mr Keller's most excellent book, volume 1.

A unknown First Sergeant of the 105th Infantry of the 27th Division sometime in the 30s. The backing discs are clearly the Light Blue of the Infantry, note too how he has one under the cap device.

post-34986-0-55326900-1517723587_thumb.jpg