woodland navy seal

capt.maddog

capt.maddog

Hi

get this item from Second hand bail from Cambodia . garantee not re-sewing patch . thx.

post-86610-0-34150600-1494840407_thumb.jpg

Well, Michael Monsoor was awarded the Medal of Honor. He died fighting for his shipmates. This shirt showing up in Cambodia is very unusual and raises the proverbial red flag for me personally.

Chris

Cambodia and Thailand are final destination for all the rags collected in North America. Maddog and and other eBay thai dealers are rag mills owner who have discovered that they were seating on a "goldmine". I got a 5SFGA commander jungle jacket from one of them.

Well, I would have to see a picture of Petty Officer Monsoor wearing this actual jacket, otherwise it will always be subject to skepticism and doubt. Too easy to make these BDU jackets anything you want them to be.

I would love to see proof that this BDU jacket was owned by Petty Officer Monsoor. It would be an incredible save.

Just my thoughts on this jacket.

Just an observation.

The BDU is contract dated 1999.

On line Bio shows him enlisting in the Navy in 2001 with assignemnts prior to his becoming a SEAL.Then graduating from BUD/S class 250 in 2004 and after further training assigned to Delta Platoon SEAL TEAM 3.Delta Platoon was sent to Iraq in April of 2006

Not uncommon for older contract items to be in the system....But I question the condition.Most any BDU that would see the use and service of an individual of Moonsors capacity would be well worn or lable washed out or showing much more wear.Granted there are uniforms kept or used for inspections etc but why a lower rank?If this was something kept or maintained as a seldom worn inspection type garment then why the lower rank?

These are just thoughts as anything is possible but to many questions to make a positive call.

I am sure that Petty Officer Monsoor had at least 12 or 15 BDU. Every time I visit NYC, I tour the thrift stores owned by a mexican family, the L Train Vintage Thrift Stores. Sometimes you could find up to ten jackets, BDU or DCU all patched up for the same person. Last time, I counted 12 DCU named to a Navy Commander with a slavic name.

I am sure that Petty Officer Monsoor had at least 12 or 15 BDU. Every time I visit NYC, I tour the thrift stores owned by a mexican family, the L Train Vintage Thrift Stores. Sometimes you could find up to ten jackets, BDU or DCU all patched up for the same person. Last time, I counted 12 DCU named to a Navy Commander with a slavic name.

Im guessing they are all the same or current rank at the time and not various ones from Lt.JG to Commander?

Just saying that most multiple uniforms are worn and re badged for rank as they are still in use.

The bio shows him a 2nd Class PO at the time of the posting.

Again not saying it isnt possible but there are questions and no proof.

Im guessing they are all the same or current rank at the time and not various ones from Lt.JG to Commander?

Just saying that most multiple uniforms are worn and re badged for rank as they are still in use.

The bio shows him a 2nd Class PO at the time of the posting.

Again not saying it isnt possible but there are questions and no proof.

They were all well starched and serviceable, ready to be worn. Same commander rank for all of them. I wonder how all those uniforms end up in thrift and vintage stores.

Bob Hudson

But I question the condition.Most any BDU that would see the use and service of an individual of Moonsors capacity would be well worn or lable washed out or showing much more wear.Granted there are uniforms kept or used for inspections etc but why a lower rank?If this was something kept or maintained as a seldom worn inspection type garment then why the lower rank?

I buy a lot of SEAL BDU's (and DCU's) in the San Diego area and the ones with sewn-on tridents always look this good or better as these were not worn in combat situations.

I buy a lot of SEAL BDU's (and DCU's) in the San Diego area and the ones with sewn-on tridents always look this good or better as these were not worn in combat situations.

I believe I stated there are those uniforms for inspection(dress or base) purposes.I also stated anything is possible but It would have more credit if it was his current rank in my thinking.

With the amount of fake patched jungle jackets and fake GWOT uniforms coming out of Thailand, a collector is wise to be extremely skeptical of militaria coming out of that geographic location.

Not saying this jacket is real or fake because I don't have it in my hands for a good look. I am sure there are real items that are coming out of that area, but there is also a lot of faked items coming out of that area as well. How do you differentiate between what is legitimate and what has been embellished? Determining authenticity is difficult, especially with just a handful of pictures posted on the internet.