Canvas B.A.R. Belt

RedLegGI

I've gotten a few responses from Greek, Dutch and Belgian. Also that its likely Vietnam era that SF types would use.

I've gotten a few responses from Greek, Dutch and Belgian. Also that its likely Vietnam era that SF types would use.

Vietnam SF used US made bar belts from WWII and Korean War stock.

The more I look at it the more it looks like an Vietnam reenactor made set up. The base belt is definitely not US. If you have facebook look up some of the vietnam reenactor or airsoft pages and see if anyone can help you out.

I don't think it's Dutch... Anything on the metal snaps?

No nothing at all, completely blank. The only writing on it anywhere is on the metal buckle where it says "This side out"

The more I look at it the more it looks like an Vietnam reenactor made set up. The base belt is definitely not US. If you have facebook look up some of the vietnam reenactor or airsoft pages and see if anyone can help you out.

There are 2 things that I'd say disqualify it as being a reenactor piece. The price is the first as it wasn't much at all. The second being it was got out of an antique mall as opposed to a surplus shop. The antique shop doesn't necessarily mean its not, but the seller had a bunch of random stuff with 2-3 military items. I do agree its not a standard issue piece as its missing any kind of marking.

I have one that is identical to your's, Redleg. No one could come to a concensus on mine either.

I have had mine since the mid to late 90s time period, so I know these aren't something made up recently.

I have one that is identical to your's, Redleg. No one could come to a concensus on mine either.

I have had mine since the mid to late 90s time period, so I know these aren't something made up recently.

Thanks for the info.

whilst i don't think its VN period, i do think the base belt is US parts made from parachute harness

Jumpin Jack

Is it possible that we can't see the tree for the forest? I'm looking at a Boyt 42 BAR magazine pouch constructed of canvas with web flaps and fold down back sizing flap. My take is yours' is exactly what it is--U.S. made with a totally disconnected "belt" which looks a lot like parachute webbing and aluminum buckle. I would suggest it's nothing more than a field modification. Jack

phantomfixer

the metal buckle does look to be parachute related...not sure if I have seen the "this side out" though on any of the parachute buckles...the webbing looks to be cotton...if removed from a parachute harness, would be from the mid to late 40s-early 50's...harness webbing material then switched to nylon

the metal buckle does look to be parachute related...not sure if I have seen the "this side out" though on any of the parachute buckles...the webbing looks to be cotton...if removed from a parachute harness, would be from the mid to late 40s-early 50's...harness webbing material then switched to nylon

Interesting info, thanks!