CIVILIANS in VIETNAM

firefighter

firefighter

Dynalectron (1962–1987)

By 1961, California Eastern Aviation needed a new name to reflect the growing and diversifying company. The name "Dynalectron Corporation" was selected from 5,000 employee suggestions. In 1976, Dynalectron established their headquarters in McLean, Virginia. Due to its growing size, the company restructured into four main operating groups: Specialty Contracting, Energy, Government Services, and Aviation Services. In the 30 years following the foundation of CEA, Dynalectron had acquired 19 companies in 30 years, had assets of $88 million, maintained a backlog of $250 million, employed 7,000, and had annual sales of $300 million.

In 1964, Dynalectron diversified into the energy services business with the acquisition of Hydrocarbon Research, Inc. Through this acquisition, Dynalectron developed a process called H-Coal, which converted coal into synthetic liquid fuels. The work began to attract national attention with the Arab Oil Embargos of the 1970s. By the early 1980s, Texaco Inc., Ruhrkohle AG, and C. Itoh & Co. were all marketing Dynalectron's H-Oil process.

Between 1976 and 1981, the company had two public stock offerings and acquired another 14 companies. By 1986, Dynaelectron was one of the largest defense contractors in North America.

firefighter

Very interesting. I love the "Be a tiger" patch!

...Kat

Thank you KAT. That one is U.S. made. I would love to know what the GE patch was for and what the foreign writing. Is, looks Greek?

The GE patch does look like it has Greek letters at the top. I wonder if anyone on the forum can read Greek.

Thanks for posting these. I have never heard of these types of patches....Kat

firefighter

The GE patch does look like it has Greek letters at the top. I wonder if anyone on the forum can read Greek.

Thank you KAT. I appreciate it.

Bill Scott

FF thanks for posting these and you are correct that GE piece is as neat as they come.Scotty

firefighter

FF thanks for posting these and you are correct that GE piece is as neat as they come.Scotty

Thank you Scotty. I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
USMarineCorps

The greek means elefteria or "freedom".

firefighter

The greek means elefteria or "freedom".

Thank you for the translation.I wonder why FREEDOM on a GE patch?

The 1st Brigade 5th Infantry Division "US Army Correspondent" patch was more likely worn by a soldier journalist, not a civilian. I forget the exact MOS designation (71 series), but they trained at Ft. Benjamin Harrison I think.

firefighter

The 1st Brigade 5th Infantry Division "US Army Correspondent" patch was more likely worn by a soldier journalist, not a civilian. I forget the exact MOS designation (71 series), but they trained at Ft. Benjamin Harrison I think.

Thank you ATB. I wasn't a 100% sure if it was one, the other, or both.

71 Quebec Journalist
Would this be a Signal Corps MOS or Adjutant General Corps Branch MOS atb? Harrison we remember was/is the Finance Co Center & School, though it's possible it had select courses for their branches, I know Fort Jackson in the 60s ran some Quartermaster Corps AIT courses, instead of them being at Fort Lee Virginia, got to check the 60s basic training yearbooks I got to se which ones they were

I did something wrong in my above reply, don't know what I did, (Swung/sweeped the cursor too fast?? Hclicked by accident some feature above??quote is as you can see, one LONG line, can a MOD rectify please?

Mod note: When you cut and paste from sites it's often best to 'paste as plain text' to remove any HTML commands

Thanks Savage, don't know what the H happened, first time that,s ever happened with everything going kaphlooy.

71 Quebec Journalist
Would this be a Signal Corps MOS or Adjutant General Corps Branch MOS atb? Harrison we remember was/is the Finance Co Center & School, though it's possible it had select courses for their branches, I know Fort Jackson in the 60s ran some Quartermaster Corps AIT courses, instead of them being at Fort Lee Virginia, got to check the 60s basic training yearbooks I got to se which ones they were

Journalists were AG at that time and I believe the school was at Ft. Ben, but that may be a faulty memory.

Journalists were AG at that time and I believe the school was at Ft. Ben, but that may be a faulty memory.

AG check, I got a Ft Bennng yearbook, 60s, I'll look to see if sundry schools are mentioned.

firefighter

This one here, looks like a Iron On, KEN NOLAN perhaps?

3938f4126a2e84c72a3a1c0fd31acf70.jpg

I'm not sure.I know he did the iron on insignia.

• 1 month later...