29th Division/MD National Guard tag

Hello all,

I picked this tag up in an antique store near Richmond, VA a couple weeks ago. When I started researching it I found him listed on Laurent Lefebvre's 29th division website as being in the 29th division by way of the MD national guard. That's about as far as I've gotten with linking him to the 29th. I did not see him on the 29th division morning reports spreadsheet found here: http://www.29idmorningrpt.com/ I found his Veterans Affairs BIRLS info on Ancestry but have not found much else. I've tried to reach out to the church he is buried at but their contact info is incorrect on Google. Before I go requesting records from NARA I thought I'd see if my fellow dog tag collectors have access to any 29th division resources that might confirm that he did indeed serve with the division.

Thanks for any and all help :)

-Ryan

post-44370-0-38031500-1494178382_thumb.jpg

Cool tag! I tried researching him real quick but didn't find much. He was probably in the 29th Division before the war, or early in the war, then transferred out?

I appreciate you having a go at it :) I did finally hear back from someone connected to the cemetery and he is trying to get the obituary. Hopefully that will shed some light on his service.

-Ryan

Looks like he was mustered in in October 1940, which was just after the 1940 Maryland National Guard book was put out (June) so he does't show up in there. Possibly Mustered out in 1943 according to the VA BIRLS Index.

Name: Edward Glover Gender: Male Birth Date: 25 Feb 1908 Death Date: 4 Mar 1972 SSN: 213106318 Enlistment Date 1: 15 Oct 1940 Release Date 1: 19 Aug 1943 Enlistment Date 2: 3 Feb 1941.

From teh Enlistment Database:

Name: Edward T Glover Birth Year: 1908 Race: White, citizen (White) Nativity State or Country: Maryland State of Residence: Maryland County or City: Baltimore City Enlistment Date: 3 Feb 1941 Enlistment State: Maryland Enlistment City: Baltimore Branch: Infantry Branch Code: Infantry Grade: Private Grade Code: Private Component: National Guard (Officers, Warrant Officers, and Enlisted Men) Source: National Guard Education: Grammar school Civil Occupation: Tinsmiths, coppersmiths, and sheet metal workers Marital Status: Single, without dependents Height: 66 Weight: 134