Pre War Cloth Helmet? With Insignia, Need Help With This One

blitz67

I found this today at the local auto parts swap meet. I believe this is pre WWII, but I really have no idea. There are no tags or markings other than on the ear cups and wiring. I have no idea what the red face signifies, but it appears to be period sewn. Anyone ever seen one of these before? Thanks

Brad

post-683-0-13162000-1493510743.jpg

post-683-0-10193400-1493510744.jpg

post-683-0-09867900-1493510745.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I purchased it an auto swap meet, it was laying in a box of oily fuel filters, so I did save it either way, and now both the hat and goggles will be well taken care of and have a nice easy retirement, being proudly displayed in someone's collection.

MilitaryPicker1941

Well I purchased it an auto swap meet, it was laying in a box of oily fuel filters, so I did save it either way, and now both the hat and goggles will be well taken care of and have a nice easy retirement, being proudly displayed in someone's collection.

Just curious, but did you get this at the Englishtown swap meet? I've never been that lucky with finding much there

Sorry, no, I have moved to California. I loved that flea market, just like all of them, you have to get there before the sun comes up. I found a ton of good stuff there over the years.