C-2A Grumman Greyhound large 1/14 Scale Model

c2greyhound

c2greyhound

Hello,

at least I'm quite new here in the forum but not in real life. :unsure:

I am working on a full-scale model of the famous COD plane, the C-2A Grumman Greyhound. This is a special aircraft to me.

It connect so much together, from the technical side as well as the spirit of the COD's.

c2a_162176_battlefish_1366X768_us_navy.j

I decided to build a full-scale model in 1/14. You may ask why 1/14. Very easy. On the RC market of today (2017) you'll find a E-2 Hawkeye in the same size.

I had the idea in the beginning, that some parts can be used on their plane, too.

Basicly I'll do it in two steps.

1.) I want a model that can fit somewhere at my home where everybody can see it - me first

2.) I can use the design and parts for a RC model with less details.

As the C-2A as well as the C-2A® are an actual NAVY plane, it is not easy to get any information. Therefore, I had to start with a research based on the internet and a few contacts that I had.

The result was my web page http://www.C-2A.com as well as http://www.c2greyhound.com

Pages at Facebook @c2greyhound and Twitter @c2greyhound followed.

BTW, this is no fast project. I expect between 2 and 5 years before I'm ready.

However, I learned in the automotive industries what they call in Lean or Six Sigma, cut the elephant. Means make small projects and finish them!

Therefore, I started with the nose landing gear. Got some information from the C-2A manual.

This helps me to draw from good photo what I think a close sketch. From there it was a short (many short) steps to put it into 3D CAD System.

I use a system that can import and export to the main aircraft and automotive format like STEP or IGES.

So I'm open to peoples who have already parts made or to share data.

Here a rendering image of my CAD work.

part01.jpg

More can be seen on my web page.

Maybe you - as reader in this forum - have more C-2 data or information that you like to share or maybe you already built this NAVY plane already.

Would like to hear from you.

Thanks

Boerries

Proud Kraut

Hello Boerries & welcome to the USMF!

I'm sure this is the right place to collect more information and share your modeling project. The nose landing gear looks fantastic. Looking forward to see the next steps here soon.

Lars

P.S.: Great website btw.