WW2-Post War Coast Guard Officer Medal Group, Must See

TheMariner

At first this little grouping dosent look like very much but after some close inspection this is actually a very uncommon little set of medals. As you all know coast guard stuff is a lot harder to come up with then any of the other branches. I happened upon this grouping earlier today and decided too pull the trigger though i had some staunch competition and paid a little more then i would have liked! Overall it is a very interesting set of medals what really makes it for me is the fact it has a UDC medal, i have never seen one of these awarded to a coast guard man. The lack of GCM medal is what makes me think this was an officer sadly there is no name with it! I also wonder why these were not mounted but i guess stranger things have happened. I have no reason to believe these medals were put together and seller said this is how he got them from an estate. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, UDC medal is numbered 2847. post-160496-0-90480200-1493267547_thumb.jpgpost-160496-0-50340900-1493267572_thumb.jpg

From the United Daughters of the Confederacy Cross of Military Service Electronic Listing (found on the forum).

2847 (SC) SGT Onas P. Parkman. Camp Shelby, MS.

The ribbon bar precedence is out of order. Should be NMCCM, ADM, ACM.

My queries are:

If the ADM is a Coast Guard issue would it not have a SEA clasp?

Why a NMCCM vice a Coast Guard Commendation medal?

No campaign medals, so stateside service?

So, is this a WWII Navy group with post war Coast Guard service?

From the United Daughters of the Confederacy Cross of Military Service Electronic Listing (found on the forum).

2847 (SC) SGT Onas P. Parkman. Camp Shelby, MS.

The ribbon bar precedence is out of order. Should be NMCCM, ADM, ACM.

My queries are:

If the ADM is a Coast Guard issue would it not have a SEA clasp?

Why a NMCCM vice a Coast Guard Commendation medal?

No campaign medals, so stateside service?

So, is this a WWII Navy group with post war Coast Guard service?

I was not able to end up owning this grouping, seller would not provide any info, i guess it is always possible something could have been added! Possible maybe multiple peoples medals ? Who knows!