WW1 or WW2 USN Officers Ring ?

tony75

Hello

What are your thoughts on this ring?

WW1 or WW2?

What is the insignia on the sides of the ring?

No markings inside.

Thank you

Tony

post-4925-0-79030000-1492773692_thumb.jpg

My guess would be WW2 era. Due to metal shortages. But that being said, still most rings were still made from sterling silver at that time. This could be a kids ring or just a cheap ring from the PX for a souvieneer. My opinion.

Very cool!

I wouldn't call it an officer's ring. My guess is this was for an enlisted man -- probably any rank.

I have an Air Force ring that is similar, but that ring is sterling. I've always liked it because there's an eagle in place of the stone.

My guess would be WW2 era. Due to metal shortages. But that being said, still most rings were still made from sterling silver at that time. This could be a kids ring or just a cheap ring from the PX for a souvieneer. My opinion.

Agreed

MastersMate

Have been looking for other info in old editions of OUR NAVY magazine. That news magazine was popular in the 1900s thru 1922sh. 1\ There are a number of WW 1 are jewelry advertisers that show a 'signet ring' very close to that particular style. The sides show an eagle, like on the rating badge and the top had some specialty mark or other insignia. Possibly a Chief Gunners Mate from that era. Very similar style..