NYS CONSPICUOUS SERVICE MEDAL CERTIFICATE - WW2 LUFT I POW

firefighter

Where are the medals?

What is the emblem on the Conspicuous Service Cross Certificate. 1988 was when the CSC was really cheaply made and looked more like a child's plastic toy medal. It's unusual to see a certificate in a presentation folder. Most of the decorations were sent via the mail, placed between two pieces of cardboard and wrapped in rubber bands.

These days the medal was restored to it's original design and is awarded in two styles. One, with a award number associated with the veteran, comes in a plastic case. Another, without a number, comes in the standard blue cardboard box that most service medals contain.

firefighter

Where are the medals?

What is the emblem on the Conspicuous Service Cross Certificate. 1988 was when the CSC was really cheaply made and looked more like a child's plastic toy medal. It's unusual to see a certificate in a presentation folder. Most of the decorations were sent via the mail, placed between two pieces of cardboard and wrapped in rubber bands.

These days the medal was restored to it's original design and is awarded in two styles. One, with a award number associated with the veteran, comes in a plastic case. Another, without a number, comes in the standard blue cardboard box that most service medals contain.

The seal looks to be from the NYS Department of Military & Naval affairs. No POW medal. NYSCSM the cheap no numbered medal, unnamed. The folder has the NYS seal on the outside. Yes, when I received my NYS Medal of Merit it came in an envelope, no folder.

You have something special. The certificate folder means the Cross was formally presented.

Would be interesting to know when or where.

My Medal was the cheap one, too. The certificate, however, came in white folder with the NYS Division of Military and Naval Affairs seal. Over the years, I discovered a sterling silver version in an antique store and substituted it as my own.

firefighter

You have something special. The certificate folder means the Cross was formally presented.

Would be interesting to know when or where.

My Medal was the cheap one, too. The certificate, however, came in white folder with the NYS Division of Military and Naval Affairs seal. Over the years, I discovered a sterling silver version in an antique store and substituted it as my own.

I'm not sure where, but it's dare 1988.