WWII USMC Vandegrift Jacket with Odd Ribbons

ParanormalTrooper

ParanormalTrooper

Purchased this off of the bay yesterday for $50 shipped, its my second ever dress uniform and my first USMC dress uniform.

I do not believe it is named (I only had this picture saved on my phone) but it's dated 1942.

For some reason, it has a 3rd Marines patch but the two ribbons are the Marine Corps Expedentiary Medal and the American Defense Service medal w/ 1 star. The Expedientiary ribbon looks like it used to have a device on it but it doesnt have one any longer.

Could this be the marines old uniform, and he got a new one shortly after he was transferred to the 3rd Marines? I have something similar to that with my uncles army BDUs that have army only badges (Expert Field Medical Badge, etc.) that says "US AIR FORCE" on it instead of "US ARMY" because he transferred from the Army to the Air Force.

Also I apologize for the small images and for completely butchering the spelling of "expedientiary"

post-162053-0-24766200-1492546241_thumb.jpg

Kurt Barickman

Guy could have been a pre-war and early war Marine and then attached to the Third Division late in the war seeing no combat; many different scenarios are possible. Name would be good.

Kurt

I am sure that's not a Vandegrift .a Vandegrift is a shorter jacket ,your uniform is what is called a blouse.i was issued both of them july 1949 pi sc

Jumpin Jack

$50. ppd is a bargain considering everything is present. You might look at the reverse side of the belt for a name. If you haven't already, check inside both sleeve linings for a name. Jack

BILL THE PATCH

Definitely not a vandegrift, like peepsight says it's a blouse. Looks good. Definitely check for name

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

ParanormalTrooper

Definitely not a vandegrift, like peepsight says it's a blouse. Looks good. Definitely check for name

Oops! Thanks to both of you for letting me know!

I'll make sure to check for a name when it arrives in the mail.

Marines did not wear the Ruptured Duck until after the war (not sure of the exact date) marines discharged during the war wore a white diamond on their right shoulder.

ParanormalTrooper

Seller says he thinks it's named to a F L Cunningham but isn't sure if that's what it says (the ink is a bit faded)