please keep eyes out for this lost or stolen in US Mail

Thor996

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who keep eyes open, post office officially can't find it-obviously it did have good labels on it as that's all they sent back to sender...

Dear david , Thank you for using USPS.com.

We regret to inform you that after thoroughly searching for your mail we were unable to locate your missing item(s).

Search Request Details:
Request Date: 04/15/2017
Reference: Search ID #18898**
Tracking Number: 9****1060162708009***5

We work hard to provide prompt, accurate service to our customers, and regret that we were unable to deliver your mailpiece on this occasion. To help us get your packages to their destination in the future:

• Put a return address on the outside of all mailpieces
  • Include a label with your name and complete address on the inside of packages

We never like to think of anything happening to the mail during transit, but we want to be prepared for any contingency and your assistance is vital to that preparedness.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you for using the U.S. Postal Service®.

only the postal employees could have stolen it, I remember a certain postal worker that use to deliver my packages, several of the packages / boxes had suspicious damage to make it look like it happened during shipping, but I could tell the tears / holes were intentional so they could see whats inside, one time he delivered a helmet in a box that was not even taped shut, I wonder why?

if he's anything like the clowns at the post office where I live, he is probably a thief/ or opportunist waiting for packages to POP open mysteriously.

• 1 month later...
Patchcollector

still stolen, still looking -

Bummer man.. :(

When I saw that you had posted,I was hoping you had good news..

I just found this thread and saw the photo of the Vietnam cowboy hat, the photo and the 1st Air Commando logo. Is that what was missing? If so here are the other photos I took and posted back in 2012 when I bought those items from their original owner: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/143910-usaf-1st-air-commando-sq-vietnam/

I just found this thread and saw the photo of the Vietnam cowboy hat, the photo and the 1st Air Commando logo. Is that what was missing? If so here are the other photos I took and posted back in 2012 when I bought those items from their original owner: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/143910-usaf-1st-air-commando-sq-vietnam/

yes it is. thank you. this was what my friend was shipping to me

Bob, I knew it wasn't valuable, but it was in a box with a bunch of other stuff [see original post] and this was the only photo I had of this hat-and none of the helmet or uniform etc...it was given to me for a display or was attempted to be before it got hijacked or lost or stolen. I thank you for finding the original post -my buddy told me he got it from you and it was a reunion item most likely and was discussed on the forum.