please keep eyes out for this lost or stolen in US Mail

Thor996

I would appreciate any and all eyes to please keep your eyes out for this item on ebay or the net. It was sent via us mail to me from a fellow forum member and somewhere between this member sending to me and my mailbox it was 'lost' [OR STOLEN] in the US mail as in GONE -along with following items: A steel M1 helmet A US Vietnam era uniform, shirt, tie-unfortunately, this was all a gift to me and was not insured.......I don't have photos of the helmet or of the uniform unfortunately.

thanks in advance for any and all help...

I have filed a missing items with the post office.......

post-30395-0-89762600-1492393540_thumb.jpg

post-30395-0-35492900-1492393553_thumb.jpg

Dang, good luck!!

thanks! all I can do is HOPE it shows up when they 'search' at the post office [and I'm not expecting that to be a fruitful search either] and put it out to the collecting community and dealers and hope that someone trolling ebay here on the forum sees it out there........I am also trolling the craigslist for sales in the Western Mass area.....

yes, there was tracking see letter-that letter and the sender part of the label from the sender and my address [which i am not publicly sharing were CUT from the box and sent with that letter to the person who shipped it to me. NOT A BOX IN SIGHT- JUST tracked to the address there as "undeliverable"-

shellman825

I had the same thing happened to a box I shipped a month ago undeliverable and the track number just did nothing for 4 or 5 days and then show up out for delivery and was delivered, hope you have the same results

only the postal employees could have stolen it, I remember a certain postal worker that use to deliver my packages, several of the packages / boxes had suspicious damage to make it look like it happened during shipping, but I could tell the tears / holes were intentional so they could see whats inside, one time he delivered a helmet in a box that was not even taped shut, I wonder why?

11thcavsniper

I just had a package from Germany arrive that had been mangled, torn, and only had 3 badges out of the 15 that I had paid for. Of course the most expensive ones were the ones missing. I had a tracking number but no insurance. I also got a Dear John letter only lots shorter. I have had lots of problems with damaged packages since the price of mailing them has went up. Go figure.

They never found my missing early named USMC GCM $100 dollar medal now gone forever. They didnt do anything either basically sent me a letter saying they didnt find it aka didnt look and that they planned to not look anymore! Hopefully yours turns out better!

They never found my missing early named USMC GCM $100 dollar medal now gone forever. They didnt do anything either basically sent me a letter saying they didnt find it aka didnt look and that they planned to not look anymore! Hopefully yours turns out better!

Thanks, but I fully expect this is gone. My goal now is to keep it visible [periodically] in the collector community- from what I've read about this particular postal depot, a LOT of thievery has gone on there......

I had a package I sent disappear at the USPS distribution center. They conducted a search and didn't find it. I filed a claim, they paid the value plus shipping. i had to send them the ebay final price sheet.

Ray

I hate to play Monday-morning QB, but an item doesn't have to be sold to be insured.

it was not insured or a sale was a gift and i filed missing item claim

I sold a box full of rare golf memorabilia from Fla to PA. Insured. In a Georgia terminal a forklift tore it in half. Taped up and sent to PA to new owner. A pile of early tournament programs and entrance buttons missing from box. They turned up on EBAY from Georgia seller later that week. I confronted him. Items and seller dissapeared in an hour!! Took 7 months for buyer to settle claim and get paid!! Bummer

Ohhhhhhh... bummer. I hope it turns up for you.

i was not aware my friend sent without insurance and class sent requires u to have to purchase it

Cant post my thought on usps. Had a few items " get lost" years ago when selling on fleabay. I usually wrap so much tape around a box that it makes it very hard to open. Hate to admit, but priority is best way these days, and then there is UPS.

Hope it shows up. Any idea how much its worth? High enough$$$$$ may get some attention. Check to see what $$$$ is a felony where it was sent from.

• 2 weeks later...
Blacksmith

Dang it. Everytime I see this topic updated, I'm hoping it's because the package arrived. Grrrrr... :(

• 2 weeks later...