WW2 2nd Marine Div. Glen Ramsey

ww2marine

Hey guys, this is a group ive had for a few years and have decided to share it. I was lucky enough to obtain this directly through his son. Glen Ramsey served with F/2/10 at Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Saipan and Tinian. Its a pretty complete group and one of my favorites. The group came with his uniform, casket flag, pictures, discharge papers amongst other paper items and a scrapbook he put together after the war.

post-5600-0-04510200-1491935013_thumb.jpg

post-5600-0-57461900-1491935460_thumb.jpg

Kurt Barickman

That is a dandy group, I can see why you like it as I do too. Congrats and thanks for sharing with us Tarawaphiles.

Kurt

Sorry about the duplicate picture, not sure how to delete. Two of his books which he has written in. While 1/10 eventually hit the beaches of Betio, 2/10 was sent across the lagoon to neighboring Bairiki where they shelled Japanese positions from the flank.

post-5600-0-18005200-1491936720_thumb.jpg

Kurt Barickman

Sorry about the duplicate picture, not sure how to delete. Two of his books which he has written in. While 1/10 eventually hit the beaches of Betio, 2/10 was sent across the lagoon to neighboring Bairiki where they shelled Japanese positions from the flank.

attachicon.giframsey6.jpg

Yup, I have a group to member of E/2/10th who was an officer and a forward observer for the battalion on Betio directing fire from Bairiki.

Kurt

Thank for the positive replies, and sorry for the ginormous pics. Still figuring out this picture resize buisness.

Yup, I have a group to member of E/2/10th who was an officer and a forward observer for the battalion on Betio directing fire from Bairiki.

Kurt

Very nice, I would like to see it sometime Kurt

Raidercollector

Very nice group for you to be the caretaker of. Keep his memory alive. Hard to fine groups like this one.

Nick

Excellent group, thanks for posting! Aside from the "completeness" of the group LOVE The early, acid etched dog tags WITH silencers. Very nice!

Best,

Bill K.

Man this group is great but those tags are the icing on the cake. Just killer. Are those silencers or discoloration on them? I can't really tell.

Man this group is great but those tags are the icing on the cake. Just killer. Are those silencers or discoloration on them? I can't really tell.

Discoloration. They might have have had rubber/plastic silencers on at one time in their life. When the tags are held in the right light you can make out all the info on them.

I love the scrapbook and hand written notes under each picture. Please post more pictures and thank you for sharing your collection.