1st Engineer Battalion Peleliu, Okinawa

muddyboots

I'm very happy to add this one to my collection. It belonged to a member of the 1st Engineer Battalion 1st Marine Division who made the assaults on Peleliu and Okinawa. For each campaign he was attached to the 7th Marines. At Peleliu the engineers were to be attached to the 7th Marines for 10 days but ended up staying attached as needed. And at Okinawa the engineers were attached though out the entire campaign. He was wounded on 5/15/1945 while operating in either the Battle for Dakeshi Ridge or most likely Wana Ridge were the date of the fighting matches the date of his wound.

post-24366-0-36337800-1491861255_thumb.png

Great tag! I was in the bidding of that one. Everyone went after the other tag this guy was selling, because of the Tarawa connection I'm pretty sure.

Great tag! I was in the bidding of that one. Everyone went after the other tag this guy was selling, because of the Tarawa connection I'm pretty sure.

I went after it as well but I couldn't pass this one up. I believe I have seen the other tag up for auction before or one that was marked like it. The research was a little difficult on that one as well. I couldn't find the service number anywhere for that one either.

• 1 year later...

I was looking through the muster roll and noticed this temporary duty with this company in January 1945. For the life of me I can't figure out who they are so any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-24366-0-88579400-1532915192_thumb.jpg