Help With Squadron ID

R. Watkins

I'm trying to help a friend identify the squadron that went with this 22 mission bomber jacket.

Can anyone provide information on this item?

Thanks.

post-6249-0-46168100-1491252230.jpg

Unfortunately there are no graphics on the front side of this jacket.

You're dead-on about this being the approved emblem of the 530thBombSqdn, the problem is this particular jacket was

supposedly owned by a crewman that served with the Eighth AF. It's possible this image was adopted as aircraft nose art.

Would this type of jacket have been issued to air crews serving in the PTO?

Johnny Signor

Bob, have you tried sites with Nose art shown, I know Facebook has several, I think I've seen that somewhere as nose art on a Bomber ..........

Possibly a B-26 Marauder, so you may also want to try the B-26 pages ....

Hey Johnny - As a last resort I will go through my (ponderous) nose art file to see fi I can place this jacket design.

I was hoping however this image might strike a chord with someone and save me a whole lot of time.

ocsfollowme

This was his response this morning

" hello Steve, i was painting this jacket for a fan of the 5th AAF 530th BSqn. but instead of using it as a patch i put it on the back of the jacket. that easy. pls feel free and show me some pix! maybe i´m able to help you out in this case. indeed some other sqn. used a nearly similar bunny."

This was his response this morning

" hello Steve, i was painting this jacket for a fan of the 5th AAF 530th BSqn. but instead of using it as a patch i put it on the back of the jacket. that easy. pls feel free and show me some pix! maybe i´m able to help you out in this case. indeed some other sqn. used a nearly similar bunny."

Thanks Steve, I have passed your followup information along to the concerned party it and was much appreciated.

Bob