Woodwork M3 U.C. 1943

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

Well now I kinda have the M3 bug. I got this from a for sale ad locally. It isn't a virgin but let's be real, neither am I. Nick off the point and been sharpened. Nice scabbard.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first ever M3 was a blade marked (not dated) UTICA. It started a love affair I don't regret. 45 years on I now have just six of them but they still give me pleasure and each has its story. You will never ever have another first M3. Enjoy.

Ya that's how it starts with just one that's what happened to me now 30 different M3's later and still looking for one I don't have

Persian Gulf Command

Nice dated M3 with lots of honest use.

I agree that M3 U.C. 1943 are not often found. What I have noticed is many times when they are found they are well used. It just seems that when you see other used dated M3's they just don't often seem as worn down with sharpening and handle wear as U.C. 1943's. Why is this? Could it mean that U.C. 1943 were issued to combat troops more than air crews.

beerdragon54

Nice dated M3 with lots of honest use.

I agree that M3 U.C. 1943 are not often found.  What I have noticed is many times when they are found they are well used.  It just seems that when you see other used dated M3's they just don't often seem as worn down with sharpening and handle wear as U.C. 1943's.  Why is this?  Could it mean that U.C. 1943 were issued to combat troops more than air crews. 

Could be issued to more combat troops. The "story" that came with this one was that it was carried in Italy for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Knife. Well used but that's the way I like them. Do you find them in New Zealand often?

No they do not come up too often here. Well not at a price I can afford. I now live on the Kapiti coast and during WWII a LOT of U.S. Marines were camped here prior to going off to fight in the Pacific. I suspect they had K-Bars but would be reluctant to part with them prior to the battles. Chances of M3s would be even more remote.