Colt 62082 M-7

jw517

Just curious if anyone noticed that colt bayonet come and go on eBay. He was asking 375.00 or best offer. It had a black handle though which caused me to pause.

I believe this is the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vietnam-Era-Colt-ArmaLite-Bayonet-Knife-62082-with-Scabbard-/201876492828?hash=item2f00c6d21c%3Ag%3A-SMAAOSwTM5Y4DtR&nma=true&si=xxaDTDP%252Frc7Hy%252FapuMaoj94%252FQew%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The photos are very poor, possibly for a reason. I can't say for sure if this is one of them, but some time back a person was selling Colt Armalite M7 bayonets on ebay that were 100% fake. The markings were engraved on the blade,not stamped as they should be. They were very well done, but something just didn't look right about them. When I contacted the seller with questions he was very forthcoming with the information about how he made them. But the ebay ad didn't mention it. He didn't claim they were original and didn't say they were reproductions. He counted on peoples greed to work in his favor and was successful.

On the one hand the listing is misleading. On the other hand IMHO, I can't help but feel the buyers were thinking "I'm getting a $1000+ bayonet for just under $400". I guess I need to have more compassion for them.

I also believe that the few early Colt black handled bayonets were made with a two part grips that were riveted to the tang. Can anyone verify that?

This looks like a good thread to remind us to stay watchful.

Got a link?

Charlie

Number is 201878337856

I can't take pics from eBay. He just put it back on. He is now calling it a repro. His feed back says he is a Shady dude,I quote.

I've forgotten more than I know I guess. I saw it and the alarm went off but I THOUGHT it should have a green or brown handle. There is another on there that is correct but looks like it went through a corn binder.

Showing the grip and the guard.

post-17422-0-73875200-1491242919_thumb.jpgpost-17422-0-75818500-1491242937_thumb.jpg

When Colt was making the early bayonets with the brown and green handles was there even the name M7 at the time?

He was selling a bipod,armalite bayonet,and scope with another listing . I wonder if the other two items were repro as well.

He was selling a bipod,armalite bayonet,and scope with another listing . I wonder if the other two items were repro as well.

FYI, There's a posting on AR15.com that is warning everyone that it is a fake. I don't know one way or the other, just ran across it while trying to locate the possible source of this bayonet.