What does C/C in front of a name on belt buckle mean?

Vincennes

I picked up a couple interesting Korean War items belonging to the same person. One is a Letter of Appreciation from the Republic of Korea in Korean and English. It was presented June 25th., 2000 to all Veterans of Korean War. It is 4 pages of glossy stiff paper measuring 8x12" in an envelope addressed to Lee Sklenicka. The other is pictured below. The belt buckle is hard to scan (it looks a lot better than it scans) but below the F-86's cockpit it says: "C/C SKLENICKA V". The number on the Sabre's fuselage is 582.

I am just starting my research but I believe Lee is just a nick name. Also Sklenicka MAY have also served in WWII and MAY be from Kansas. I don't know if the "V" after his name is an initial, or has another meaning. Does anyone know what the C/C in front of his name means?

Paul

post-2319-0-58922900-1491084484_thumb.jpg

Doyler, No it is definitely a V. I found a Virgilee Sklenicka on Fold3. Here is info from his U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010:

Person: Virgilee Sklenicka Birth: 28 Jan 1931 Death: 14 Oct 2004 Cause: Unknown Korean War Branch: Air Force Enlistment Date: 02 Apr 1952 Organization: Air Force Release Date: 01 Apr 1956.

Assuming the buzz number on the Sabre on the belt buckle is the last 3 digits of the serial number one candidate for the jet is F-86 #52-4582 which was part of the 18th. Fighter Bomber Group and was shot down by AAA on 6/16/53 according to Joe Baugher's web page. But still looking for other Sabre's with that buzz number.

If anyone has a copy of the book: TRUCKBUSTERS FROM DOGPATCH by Tracy D Connors, it is supposed to have a list of over 3500 vets from the 18th. FBG. Could someone check for Virgilee Sklenicka?

Paul