Painted leather pilot's wings?

Kimo

Hi Guys.

In my little collection I have this pair of leather pilot's wings that are hand painted. I believe they may be WW2 or perhaps Korea in age since I found them buried at the bottom of a small box of definitely WW2 aviation collar brass and officer's lapel pins. The paint and the leather are a bit oxidized in the way that painted leather flight jackets of WW2 are. These are nicely made with the wings measuring a bit over 2 and 1/3 inches or almost 2 and 1/2 inches across. They are painted on a piece of wing shaped leather that is closely sewn to a 3 inch wide rectangle of the same kind of leather. There are sewing holes all around the edge of the larger rectangular piece of leather and it appears to my eye that this was removed from a jacket or something to which they were sewn.

I welcome any thoughts or ideas from everyone. Are these likely WW 2? Or are they likely Korean war? Or are they something else entirely?

I've tried searching the Wing Badges section of the forum and was not able to find any like these.

Many thanks!

post-166073-0-07660300-1490972447.jpg

post-166073-0-69800200-1490972458.jpg

It kinda looks like a WWII item, but I've never seen another, though that doesn't mean much. Perhaps Italian or CBI? By the KW, the A-2 was obsolete, though they were certainly prized and worn by pilots. My WAG is WWII Italian.