MG John Chiles ribbon rack restoration question

Airman86

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of restoring general Chiles ribbon rack on his greens uniform and I know he has been covered on the forum slightly before bit for the life of me I just cannot find much on the man online. Anybody who could tell me what all ribbons and decorations he was awarded would help me immensely. There is a picture floating around with part of his ribbons showing but I just can't make them all out. Thank you all for your time!

CNY Militaria

Here is a topic on him which you've probably seen that has a fairly decent photo of him which should help start the ribbon rack restoration:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/242487-major-general-john-chiles-2nd-id-commander-dsc-recipient/?hl=chiles

Beyond that, I would email the US Army Center For Military History and request his General Officer Biography. They will scan and email it to you. It's hit or miss whether it lists all or just some of his awards, but it's worth a shot.

Justin

oldradiostuff

You should be able to apply to the Archives for a copy of his file. It should have his DD-214, which would list all of his awards.