WWII 4 Panel Lt.'s Medic helmet

Austin_Militaria

Austin_Militaria

I am not one for promoting shopgoodwill, but this helmet has surfaced. It is really hard to tell by the pictures. It seems to good to be real. I don't like the wear around the rim, but not much on the rest of the helmet.

I am sure real or not it will go for more then what I would pay.

post-2578-0-10017900-1490630195.jpg

I'm not at all convinced. I would need better--and more--photos before I'd be interested in bidding for this one.

Bill

I'm not at all convinced. I would need better--and more--photos before I'd be interested in bidding for this one.

Bill

With Bill on this one.

Austin_Militaria

Now it will.

From my experience on shopgoodwill this will go for more then it should, even without posting here it on the forum. So good luck to ya..

if real still not THAT expensive. But still have my doubts. It does look like it has the medics numbers on the top which is sort of a good sign.

USMC-RECON0321

Not the greatest pictures, but it looks like the chinstraps have been replaced. Looks like box stitching.

Anyone else see that?

Troy

Not the greatest pictures, but it looks like the chinstraps have been replaced. Looks like box stitching.

Anyone else see that?

Troy

Saw that too

USMC-RECON0321

Honestly the thing that bugs me the most on this helmet is the color of the roundels, they just don't look like actual aging from white to yellow, but more like they were actually painted that color to look like 70 year old white paint. same as the numbers written on top, everything appears to have aged exactly the same, which is not how it works. This is a tough one to judge from those pictures.

Troy

TheMinistryOfAviation

I can't believe that someone would shell out $750 (or more) for the helmet based on those photos.

My greatest pet peeve...

And the more rare and expensive the helmet - the worse the pictures become..

-Jeremy

I can't believe that someone would shell out $750 (or more) for the helmet based on those photos.

They will send additional photos if requested. I gotten them before but not on this helmet.

GeneralCheese

I'm not convinced, especially with the shininess of the red and the discoloration of the white. I agree, much better pictures are needed.