Shipping knives to UK?

Steve S.

Any issues with shipping knives from the states over there? Have a potential buyer for a MK2 that asked if I knew what the laws were over there.

dhcoleterracina

I recently shipped five bayonets to Australia. The buyer was very clear that I mark them as bayonets. Went thru, no problem.

I mailed a M3 fighting knife to the U.K. earlier this year. The buyer specifically requested the Customs Form indicate "Antique Camping Tool". I'm sure you could do similar. Good luck!

I have sent them to Norway, Sweden, France and Germany and never had even the slightest issue! Hopefully it goes through i would be overly concerned! Good luck

I get very envious of you U.S. blade fans that live in America. Red tape can be a real curse here in NZ. I can go into a gun shop today and buy over the counter as many rifles as I can afford no waiting. However,a parcel has arrived from Keith Lam in Hong Kong. A few days into January I arranged to buy two M4 bayonets from Keith. To pay for the bayonets I decided to sell one of my rifles. The winner of the auction had to visit his local police station for permission for me to post it to him. Five minutes over the police station counter and the police e-mail me with permission to mail it to him. No problems. However, to get permission for Keith to send me two bayonets I need special New Zealand import permits. Such permits are only needed for bayonets and double edged knives. I’m on to it straight away but it still took over TWO MONTHS for the permits to come through. Five minutes to check that you are entitled to receive a firearm but two months for two bayonets ???? Full marks to Keith for his patience and the prompt way he posted the bayonets the minute the permits arrived. But here is the rub. The bayonets came door to door and were never stopped by customs. The permits were never used. The logic escapes me.