are these squadron patch ww2 era or reunion patch ?

usaaf93

Hello

Can you give me your thoughts on these patches ? WW2 era or reunion patch .... or reproduction ?

Thanks again

Julien

20170371.jpg
20170372.jpg
20170374.jpg
20170370.jpg
20170373.jpg
20170375.jpg

20170376.jpg
20170377.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

They look good to go, I'm pretty sure there ww2 era. Let the usaaf experts give definite answer. Hope I'm right because there really nice.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

thanks

The leather is really thin. I never thought it was so light. It's my first leather patch so if it good I am really happy

BILL THE PATCH

I do that think it's cowhide leather, weren't they made of a different type of leather, ?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Damn nice patches. The running bear is screaming British made. I forgot which 8th AF Bomb Squadron it is at the moment.....

-Ski

Thanks it is the 409th BS

Correct! Unfortunately, it was cut out from it's disc, so it is missing some details......

-Ski

ocsfollowme

The initial patch is for the 379th Bomb Group, "Strength and Accuracy"

The 379th Bombardment Group was in activation for only 2 years, 7 months, and 29 days. From November 26, 1942, at Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho, until July 25, 1945, at Casa Blanca, Africa. During that time the 379th received two Distinguished Unit Citations. The first one for the January 11, 1944, mission to Oschersleben for which the entire First Bomb Division was cited, and the second for "extraordinary heroism, determination, and esprit de corps in action against the enemy from 29 May, 1943, to 31 July, 1944."

Johnny Signor

Your thin leather patch is the "Holy Joes" of the 722nd Bombardment Squadron and here's an unused decal of same unit ....

post-2068-0-35054700-1490111827.jpg

To sum up the 379th BG and 409th B.S. are both British made. The others are U.S. made. Note that in the 379th is a round circle with bombs around it and it is suppose to depict Hittler's face.