Doug Boyce...Legendary Medal Collector...Researcher...Educator...Noted Author

tarbridge

Doug Boyle was always willing to help a novice or expert, a trailblazer in our Collectibles field that included all facets...Thank you Sir...RIP.

20170320_102203.jpg

I consider myself lucky to have known such a great man. Doug was always willing to help anyone with questions and went out of his way to help us all actually learn and retain the information he shared. He actually cared about the history as well as the collector community. On the multiple occasions where we worked on transactions, he was always more than fair and also provided feedback or justification why he was offering to buy or sell at his price.

Doug will be missed and I truly feel lucky to have known him. RIP

R.I.P. Doug. The medal collecting hobby was enriched by your knowledge and will be deeply missed. Bob

unclegrumpy

I consider myself lucky to have known such a great man. Doug was always willing to help anyone with questions and went out of his way to help us all actually learn and retain the information he shared. He actually cared about the history as well as the collector community. On the multiple occasions where we worked on transactions, he was always more than fair and also provided feedback or justification why he was offering to buy or sell at his price.

Doug will be missed and I truly feel lucky to have known him. RIP

Nicely said, and I can't agree more.

The help, encouragement, and time he always had for younger collectors cannot be understated. He will be greatly missed.

Many years ago he sent a few medals to a man I know who owned a pawn shop/gun shop. I asked the shop owner who the medals came from and he stated Doug Boyce. I ended up buying the medals and am happy with them. The shop owner, oddly enough was mentioned in a book written by a Marine Medal of Honor recipient (VN), but he didn't know it. The recipient and shop owner served together in the 50's, so I gave the owner the information and he and the recipient reconnected with each other. Small world...

Doug was an interesting guy to talk to at the OMSA Conventions - He was friends with Chuck Love (Owned Love's Gun & Pawn in Deland Fl.)

R.I.P.

Bill

usmcaviator

I set up next to him a number of times at Pomona, a great guy and full of knowledge. He had a grandson that was interested in being a Marine and he asked me to try and convince him to join. I know he will be missed by family, friends, and medal collectors.

Fair winds Doug!

*the-red-baron*

My Deepest Sympathy to the Doug Boyce Family. One of the finest men in our military collecting community. Doug was an early pioneer in the US medal collecting field. He was always upbeat and chipper, and willing to share his knowledge and expertise with us 'young pups'. I have known Doug for many years, as many of you have. Some of my best US medal groupings that I have purchased over the years, came from him. Happy to say that I still have them.

He always had a wide variety of inventory that appealed to the casual looker and buyer, to the most advanced collector. A wealth of knowledge from a man with a great personality. This was very sad news. You will be dearly missed! Lastly, Doug was and is 'Second To None'. Love and Respect, John N. Korompilas