WW2 Parachute? What is it?

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

Hello, does anyone know what this this is exactly?

The seller says it's a WW2 Parachute.

3a3f55f2c08dcc86b849d57b00a15d42.jpga08775f422f1433b21b352949c84e5d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screamingeagles101

I have a chance to buy it, just want to know what the value is and if it is an authentic WW2 parachute.

Best.

Judging by the nomenclature it is just the canopy, not a complete parachute assembly...could be a cargo chute, or a drag chute.....

Screamingeagles101

It's not a troop chute. Cargo I would say. 

Thoughts on value?

phantomfixer

Should be a diameter stamp on there too somewhere...looks to be a 24 or 28 ft white nylon canopy for the style used by the USAAF/USN seat and back pack chutes...but without the diameter stamp...i cant be sure...others with more knowledge on survival kits will know..

if it is a 24 or 28 foot canopy ...I have sold these for 49.00 to 125.00 with uncut shroud lines

Screamingeagles101

Should be a diameter stamp on there too somewhere...looks to be a 24 or 28 ft white nylon canopy for the style used by the USAAF/USN seat and back pack chutes...but without the diameter stamp...i cant be sure...others with more knowledge on survival kits will know..

if it is a 24 or 28 foot canopy ...I have sold these for 49.00 to 125.00 with uncut shroud lines

Thank you

WWII Parachutist

Interestingly, the data panel is missing the drawing number which would pinpoint exactly what you have. However, from the other nomenclature we can confirm this is a 24' diameter nylon canopy. Kayser was a very small company and only produced a small number of parachutes.

This canopy was used in nearly every WWII parachute assembly, from seat packs, to back types, to chest types, and even troop T-5 reserves. Postwar, many were also converted to cargo use after their useful human life support time span.

As far as value, without lines, demilled, about $100. If it is complete with lines, $130-$160.

Joshua

Screamingeagles101

Interestingly, the data panel is missing the drawing number which would pinpoint exactly what you have. However, from the other nomenclature we can confirm this is a 24' diameter nylon canopy. Kayser was a very small company and only produced a small number of parachutes.

This canopy was used in nearly every WWII parachute assembly, from seat packs, to back types, to chest types, and even troop T-5 reserves. Postwar, many were also converted to cargo use after their useful human life support time span.

As far as value, without lines, demilled, about $100. If it is complete with lines, $130-$160.

Joshua

Thanks for the help!